The strength of your brand determined by your consumers’ perceptions and your ability to deliver on a brand promise.
Branding is one of the essential aspects of any business, B2B or B2C, small or large. An effective brand strategy gives you the edge you need to stand out in increasingly competitive markets.
Basically, your brand is your promise to your consumer. It tells them what they can expect from your products and services, and it differentiates your offering from your competitors’. Your brand is derived from who you are, who you want to be and who people perceive you to be.
Your logo is the foundation of your brand. Your website is the center of your online presence, packaging, social media and promotional materials, all of which should integrate your logo and branding style, communicate your brand to the world.
Brand Strategy & Equity
Your brand strategy defines how, where, when and to whom you will be communicating and delivering your brand messages. Your distribution channels and what you communicate visually and verbally are also part of your brand strategy.
A good brand is built over time and requires strategic planning and consistent implementation.
Defining Your Brand is the first step in your marketing strategy
Before you can start building your brand’s essence, you need to answer some questions to define what kind of brand you want to be.
What is your vision statement?
- What are the benefits and features of your products or services?
- What is unique about doing business with your brand?
- What do your customers and prospects describe your company?
- What qualities do you want them to associate with your company and where do you want to be in five years?
What is your mission statement?
- What market needs your products or services address and how?
- Why should customers buy your product or services instead of competitions?
- What are your company’s principals and approach
Mission statement should be simple and articulate, easy to understand and motivational.
What is the personality and essence of your brand?
The essence of your company is the soul and spirit of your company. It is how your customers feel when they see your brand, like exotic or reliable.
The personality of your company is characteristics of your brand and how it behaves. For example, luxury, fun or earthy.
What are your brand’s position and value proposition?
Your brand’s position should be a direct and short description about your product or services unique value. The value proposition of your brand is what set your you apart from your competitors.
Once we’ve defined your brand, the next step is to create your branding materials and planning.
- Brand messaging
- Integrate your brand.
- The voice of your brand or company
- Develop a tagline.
- Design a look and feel and branding guidelines.
- Plan to stay true to your brand.
- Plan to stay consistent.